Chicken supreme with mushrooms and carrots poached in coconut, lime, chilli & ginger. This chicken dish on my Instagram had more reach outs for the recipe than any other I have posted. Enjoy. It is as delicious as it looks.
- 4 chicken supremes or in French "suprême de volaille" a cooking term that refers to boneless, skin-on chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 cups mushroom halves
- 1/2 bunch spring onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 bunch coriander (roots, stalks & leaves), finely chopped
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 lime, juice & zest
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass, finely chopped
- 3-4 tablespoons tamari (gluten free soy sauce)
- season with natural salt (though the tamari might be salty enough) & pepper
Add oil to a non stick pan (choose non toxic kinds such as cast iron or green pan) on medium heat. Add chicken supremes skin side down to brown. Turn over and brown other side. Add tamari, carrots, mushrooms and spring onions and sautee for 5 minutes. Add in the coconut cream, ginger, garlic, chilli, lemongrass and extra seasoning of salt & pepper. Place the lid on and simmer on low heat until cooked for another 15-20 minutes. 5 minutes before serving, stir in coriander and lime juice & zest. Taste and season with extra salt & pepper.
Serve with steamed asian greens and rice and extra chilli flakes.